The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
The April 2013 edition of the KEMA Perspective newsletter is available online. View it here or there is a link on the "KEMA Documents" page.
Nominations Being Accepted For the 2013 William C. Brubaker Memorial Award
The William C. Brubaker Memorial Award is intended to recognize an individual, team, or organization whose efforts exemplify the passion and dedication that Bill demonstrated for search & rescue in Kansas. This award may provide recognition in a variety of areas related to search & rescue, including significant lifesaving efforts on a rescue scene or disaster response; training or program development; or any other significant effort that contributes to the furtherance of the search & rescue capability in the State of Kansas.
Download complete information here. The deadline for nominations is August 2, 2013.
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.