The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
News from IAEM
Dear Emergency Management Professional,
We invite you to submit your abstract to be considered for a breakout session at the International Association of Emergency Managers 65th Annual Conference & EMEX Expo, November 10-15, 2017 in Long Beach, California.
To be selected, it is crucial that your submission be compelling in both the importance of the subject matter and also show your knowledge and experience of the subject. You must follow all the submission requirements, outlined in the Speaker Guidance. Go here for more information about the Annual Conference.
The deadline to make a submission is February 17, 2017 at 5:00pm ET.
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.