The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
Award Nomination Forms - Due July 24, 2015
KEMA requests nominations for its annual awards. Each nomination form below is for a different award. The form specifies the award criteria, who can nominate a prospective recipient, and who determines the award recipient. Award nominations may be submitted by email or fax, but must include all information requested on the form. We are also requesting at least one picture, but no more than five (5), be submitted of each nominee along with the nomination form.
Please note that all nominations must be submitted by July 24, 2015 to Brian Stone.
It is our desire that the selection process be as objective as possible and therefore focused on the elements of the criteria instead of the name or reputation of the nominee.
Thank you for helping make the awards program a prestigious event that recognizes truly outstanding emergency management professionals!
(click on an award name below to download the nomination form)
- EM Professional of the Year
- Instructor of the Year
- Outstanding EM Support Professional
- Outstanding New EM Professional
- Outstanding Service
- Honorary Member
- Life Member
Also, the KEMA Board recently approved an updated version of the KEMA Awards Guidelines. View the new guidelines here.
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.