The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
KEMA 50th Annual Conference
Courtyard by Marriott
Junction City, KS
September 13-16, 2016
Save the dates and plan to join us. Download a conference flier here. Registration information will be coming soon!
KEMA Award Nominations Due July 22
Each year at the annual KEMA Conference in September, hard working individuals or groups are recognized for their dedication and service in the Emergency Management field. Included at the links below are nomination forms for the various awards and recognitions as approved by KEMA’s Board of Directors.
Each link is a separate nomination form and is for a different award. The form specifies the award criteria, who can nominate a prospective recipient, who determines the award winner/recipient, and when the nomination is due. Award nominations may be submitted by email or mail, but must include all information requested on the form. Please submit at least two (2) pictures, but no more than five (5) of each nominee along with the nomination form.
Please note that all nominations must be submitted by 5:00pm on Friday, July 22, 2016, to Brian Stone at email@example.com or mail to 321 E. 10th Ave., Winfield, KS 67156. No late submissions will be accepted.
Read the awards memo here for complete details.
Nomination Forms and Categories (click on the name to download the nomination form):
- EM Professional of the Year
- Outstanding EM Support Professional
- Outstanding NEW EM Professional
- Outstanding Service
- Instructor of the Year
- Honorary Member
- Life Member
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.