The Kansas Emergency Management Association (KEMA) represents its members who make up the professional Emergency Management community of Kansas.
2015 KEMA Annual Conference - Save the Dates
September 16-18, 2015 (Pre-Conference: Sept. 15)
Courtyard by Marriott, Junction City, KS
Save the dates for 2015 and plan to join us! Information will be added as it is available.
2015 Conference Vendor Registration Open
For the past several years, we have had a strong vendor response to our conference and we hope that you will continue to participate with us in 2015. Your presence as a vendor is a vital support for our organization and allows our members to keep current with the products available to assist them in their profession.
The vendor area will open on Wednesday, September 16th at 10am and will run until around 2pm on Thursday. The breaks for the conference attendees will take place in the vendor area, giving the attendees ample time to visit with the vendors.
For vendor details, a registration form, online payment options, and hotel options, view our vendor page here.
KEMA Scholarships Announced
KEMA would like to announce that it is accepting applications for the 2015 KEMA Scholarship!
The Kansas Emergency Management Association Scholarship award is intended to further the training and education of Emergency Managers of Kansas by expanding their knowledge of emergency management and enhancing their ability to prepare for, mitigate, respond to, and recover from disasters. Two $250.00 scholarships are available.
This scholarship is awarded to a current KEMA Member and/or student seeking professional development or a degree in the field of emergency or disaster management.
Applications should be submitted electronically to KEMA Scholarship Committee Chair, Jillian Rodrigue (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on August 21, 2015.
Get complete details on our scholarship page here.
Our Mission, Values & Goals
Mission: Kansas Emergency Management Association is a network of leaders dedicated to providing excellence in emergency management for Kansas.
Values: Among the membership and within the emergency management community in Kansas, KEMA is committed to:
- Professionalism: KEMA promotes excellence.
- Teamwork: KEMA fosters communication and cooperation.
- Responsiveness: KEMA solicits input and active participation.
- Leadership: KEMA advocates for progressive growth.
Goals: To fulfill its mission, KEMA will strive:
- To advance the professional growth of members through the development, provision, and promotion of training and professional standards.
- To provide recognition for excellence in emergency management.
- To provide opportunities for exchanging ideas and sharing lessons learned from emergency management activities.
- KEMA will strive to promote the profession of EM and a culture of preparedness
- To serve as partner to the Kansas Division of Emergency Management to improve the overall preparedness of Kansas Counties and advise on local emergency management issues.
- To influence public policy on emergency management through an advocacy process at the federal, state and local levels.
- To coordinate the efforts and plans of this association with other organizations having common interests.
- To promote the Principles of Emergency Management (POEM) as the benchmark of emergency management practice.
KEMA offers networking opportunities among local emergency managers as well as opportunities to interact with state and national emergency management professionals and other affiliated individuals, governmental agencies and interested private groups.
Partner organizations include many federal agencies as well as private industry groups such as the Partnership for Emergency Planning.